Saturday, September 16, 2006

A few more garden photos

Time was when my garden had to be all tidy beds and made-to-purpose trellises. These days when my day job takes nearly all my waking hours, I find myself using whatever is at hand.


Above: pole beans and kale. The trellis is an old pitchback that my daughters used to use to sharpen their soccer and lacrosse skills.
Below: Growing winter squash in the compost bin. The bin, which is about 4 feet tall, was full of compost that wasn't quite ready to use, so I added a couple shovelsful of soil and planted my squash in it. They probably could have gone all summer without my watering them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great Molly - just what I have to do up my allotment - make do with whatever is to hand - recycling is all the rage now!

lottie ( Allotment Lady )

16 September, 2006 23:50  
Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

I was admiring your trellis thinking how more functional it looked than mine (yours looks more reachable). Then I read what it was. I like that. My is made of 2 old movable fence sections left by prior owners. Sounds like you found the spot on Tiger Mountain! We're in south king county, but lucky enough to find a few acres that won't be subdivided. I found you via Allotment Lady.

17 September, 2006 16:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home