Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Water, water

Rainwater catchment is pretty low on my list of gardening priorities because my soil is deep and loamy, our dry season is so short, and we do have our own well. But eventually I expect I'll be living in the city and I'll need to make every drop count. Hopefully when that time comes, these tanks will be available in the US.

"The waterHOG is a slim, rectangular, modular, plastic rainwater tank which is designed to fit into the usually empty cavities of the house, for example between floor joists and wall studs when spaced at 600mm centres.

The waterHOG units can also be installed like conventional rainwater tanks, fixed to the side of the house or to a fence. The narrow profile makes the waterHOG a good water storage solution along sidewalls, down narrow passages and underneath decks and house structures."

Positively brilliant.

2 Comments:

Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Oh yes! We had ponds & streams today in places I haven't seen them before! I've long given up on any winter gardening this year. Just letting the leaves compost & the earthworms do their thing. My rain barrels have long ago filled up.

02 January, 2007 22:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great name for a water tank

07 January, 2007 14:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home