Thursday, May 17, 2007

Volunteer of the Month


I took my hanging fuchsia baskets down from their winter location in the greenhouse the other day. Only one of the 4 survived the extra-cold winter but it was time for some new plants anyway. I was surprised to see this cute little violet nestled alongside the fuchsia. Surprised, because in the summer these baskets hang a good 15 feet above the ground (second-storey porch), and I don't have any of this type of violet growing in my yard. I think it's a marsh violet, viola cucullata, in which case I may well have hundreds of these growing in my yard next if I leave this one to set seed. Aw, but they're so cute when they're little!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy Woolum said...

I have these everywhere also. Maybe I should stick some in my hanging baskets.

17 May, 2007 21:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home