Thursday, January 15, 2009

I got Nuthin'

For this month's Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, I mean. Last year I had quite a few things--sarcococca ruscifolia, a hellebore, and a hardy cyclamen, but this year even the flowering houseplants are dormant. (Or they are dead from neglect. I'm not good with plants that I can't water with a garden hose.) So all I can offer is my Christmas wreath, festooned with dried hydrangea and sedum flowers (the brown stuff that doesn't look like pine cones):



and this cabbage 'Pyramid' that refused to form a proper head, and looks kind of like a flower.

However, I do have something really fine--salad greens, and I didn't even have to plant them. They just self-seeded in a bed in my greenhouse. Turns out that miner's lettuce (claytonia) is pretty frost-tolerant.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol Michel said...

That's a pretty wreath, and I'd count it for bloom, too.

Thanks for joining in from Tiger Mountain!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

17 January, 2009 09:22  
Blogger Dig, Grow, Compost, Blog said...

Well at least you're set for salad in the coming months! :-)

17 January, 2009 11:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks so much for making the trek into the city today. It was great to meet you and all those other fine folks. Hope to see you in March and beyond! And here, until then, of course.

07 February, 2009 23:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home