Sunday, January 11, 2009

So I got this mini-bottle of St. Germain Elderflower liqueur in my Christmas stocking and the tag on the bottle suggested mixing it with champagne. It just happens that there was a bottle of very inexpensive sparkling wine in my pantry and I was in the mood for something spritzy tonight.

Oh. My. God. Talk about your elixer of the gods, this is it. I'm a bit of a nut for elderflower anything. When I can find it there's usually a bottle of elderflower syrup in the frig, ready to mix with sparkling water, on those rare hot summer days and on those dark drizzly days when you think summer, hot or otherwise, will never come again.

When I googled for an image of the bottle, itself a cool object, I discovered that one of the Garden Ranters had discovered St. Germain. I'm tempted to start a garden club just so I can serve elderflower cocktails at the first meeting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

A future SAGBUTT event in the works, sounds like to me (ok, it will have to be somewhere besides the library). I have cherry liqueur from Germany that I enjoy in a cherry sauce. Bet there is a cocktail in there too. I will look for elderflower syrup (or liqueur) to have a try.
Enjoy your evening!
Paula

11 January, 2009 20:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful! I love the smell of elderflowers so I can imagine that the liqueur would be just lovely!

11 January, 2009 20:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you did say that we could meet at your house, right? Maybe next time. Sounds yummy, I've never tasted anything with elderflowers in it. Sorry for my ignorance, is that the flowers of elderberries? Not sure I've sampled those either! PS We have to stop calling it SAGBUTT! :)

12 January, 2009 00:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home