Friday, March 16, 2007

Still Life With Crutches

I had foot surgery a few days ago and my wonderful team at work* sent me this basket of blooming plants. The timing and basket contents were perfect as I just threw out my last sickly African Violet and, as Inland Empire Girl says, you can never have too many primroses. The basket is the perfect size to hold a trowel and seeds on planting days. The bow, however, will have to go.

*I guess this means at least a few of them weren't upset about their reviews last week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Hope you are healing well. Love the basket! Fresh violets are a nice lift and, while they do have to go sometimes, I love when they keep blooming for years. I had a chuckle with the Star post! We're at the mid year mark trying to help reality set in now so there aren't surprises later!

Thanks for the reality on the parsnips! I just grew them on a whim & UK postings. Never even tasted one. Sure make nice greenery this time of year. Wonder what the flower looks like...

17 March, 2007 21:27  
Blogger Christy Woolum said...

I hope you are healing and you are right about the primroses. I did see a few peaking out of the soil today. I think I better go pick some more blooming ones tomorrow. I love spring!

18 March, 2007 22:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home