Thursday, May 17, 2007

Catnip Junkie

I loved this photo of one of Yolanda Elizabet's cats blissed-out on catnip. My cats are such terrible junkies that the catnip has to be protected from their predations. I moved a couple of seedlings into the greenhouse last fall and they went undisturbed for several months until I left the door open one day and one of the cats wandered in, probably looking for a nice warm place to take a . . . nap. Now when they see me headed for the greenhouse they race to be at the door when I open it. The catnip plants are somewhat the worse for wear, but at least now when one of the cats misses evening curfew, before I start worrying that a predator has gotten to him, I know to check the greenhouse.

IM IN UR GREENHOUZ STEALING UR HERBS

7 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

What a funny story about your cat's behavior with the catnip. I have a container of dried Cosmic Catnip that my cats really love. It's a riot to watch them roll around on a bit sprinkled on the carpet.

>^~,~^<

Dawn

17 May, 2007 21:49  
Blogger fiona-h said...

i love that you can just see the tail in that photo... :-)

17 May, 2007 23:42  
Blogger kate said...

I imagine that you sometimes find your cats in the greenhouse totally oblivious to their evening curfew while enjoying the effects of an over-indulgence of catnip.

It was a great pic and caption ... smart cats.

20 May, 2007 20:29  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Love that pic and what a fun story!!!! Cats, who could do without them? My catnip (white flowering one) has so far survived the onslaught of my kitties. Some are really spaced out on the stuff, aren't they? :-)

21 May, 2007 08:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do realize that you're enabling your cats don't you?
I recomend kitty rehab immediately before it's too late.
Your cats may still be able to lead useful and forfilling lives.
You've already taken the first step by admitting they're junkies.

21 May, 2007 17:35  
Blogger Christy Woolum said...

We have so much catnip and catmint I think our cats have lost interest. Of course... maybe after a few years these herbs lose their aroma. The pictures were great on the other site.

21 May, 2007 19:29  
Blogger Unknown said...

They just love it to bits don't they - great story

22 May, 2007 14:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home