Wednesday, June 13, 2007

They grow up so fast!

Seems like only yesterday they were sleepy little fluffballs:


Now they're two weeks old and life is all about eating, not sleeping.

They've moved into the big girls' coop, with their own corner fenced off where they can get away from the bossy hens, but still have plenty of room to roam around, and eat their own food, which the hens always seem to prefer to their layer pellets.

I just realized I never posted pix of the khaki campbell ducklings I received a few days after the chicks. Here they are, then:




And now:

Yes, they're adorable also, but more dimwitted animals you've never seen in your life. At least the chickens have the good sense to drink their water, not splash it out all over their bedding and then stand shivering in a soggy mess.

6 Comments:

Blogger fiona-h said...

those ducks are ADORABLE. Can I come and visit you next time I am in the area??

13 June, 2007 20:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are sooooo cute.
I can just hear those little ducklings quacking.

13 June, 2007 23:02  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Awwwwwww, the little duckies are adorable. Stupid but adorable. :-D

15 June, 2007 14:09  
Blogger Connie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. A few years ago we had 3 khaki campbell ducks, one male and two females. Bad move. The male picked a mate and the other was always left out, so we called them Jacob, Rachel, and Leah. ;-)

16 June, 2007 16:25  
Blogger Christy Woolum said...

I love the last picture of the ducks. This made me want to get ducks!! My husband is rolling his eyes (:

17 June, 2007 09:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - they are wonderful - wish I could have some

19 June, 2007 00:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home